4/18/2008

Week 12: Net Neutrality

Thanks for a good discussion yesterday!

Check out the Neighborhood Empowerment Network (the city project you're all coming to talk about next Wednesday!). They've got an online TV show on Veoh (hosted by Daniel Homsey, the guy in charge of the project, whom you'll meet on Wed.), and two big conferences coming up in June and October — major opportunities for BECA people!

***Also: Please make sure you're checking whatever e-mail address SFSU has for you; I'm using the class mass-mailing list to send details about the meeting at City Hall.

Meanwhile, don't forget to keep up on the Net Neutrality news. Media Alliance has already posted new updates about the Stanford meeting on Thursday.

HOMEWORK:
  1. Print out the Writing Mechanics Handout and read it THOROUGHLY.
  2. Print out your last 2 blog posts (the Net Neutrality post and the last regular post) and proofread them THOROUGHLY, using the handout.
  3. Correct mechanics errors in your blog posts (all of them since 2/24) online.
  4. Bring the handout and the printouts of the 2 posts with corrections to class.

6 comments:

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch (Amanda Mac) said...

I read the writing mechanics and printed my blogs but I still have a hard time figuring out what needs to be changed. Could we maybe have a peer review in class where our classmates can go over our work with us? I just know sometimes it works better for some people having an extra pair of eyes.

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch (Amanda Mac) said...

One more thing!


Hey guys sorry again I don't know if anyone actually will read this or not but when I printed my Network-Neutrality blog only the first page printed.

I am lab monitor right now and my back up has yet to show up so I am wondering if anyone out there would mind printing out my other 2(?) pages. Just click the title of my last blog and print but exclude the first page. If anyone could do that I would owe them big time!

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch (Amanda Mac) said...

I am soooo annoying!


anyway, Reid said he would help me out! So thanks Reid! Figured I would update in case anyone else reads this.

John Eightclip said...

Lack of Week 13 update. I don't really know what to do. I remember somethng about a 500 word piece that we need to write. I don't think its due tomorrow. Unless this gets updated by like 10 p.m. I'm just going to assume we have nothing due and/or nothing to read.

Watch "break a leg" its tight.

Claudia said...

Johnny
FYI it is a 750 word blog post on whatever you want. I'm pretty sure the usual applies (3 links and a image or video). Also if you haven't, correct all your blog post up to 2/24/08. Hope it helps.

Marie Drennan said...

meem